Come let’s celebrate Janmashtami – the birthday of Lord Krishna.
Being one of the biggest Indian festivals in the world, this auspicious day is celebrated with great joy to rekindle the mischievous aspects of Lord Krishna.
People enact Krishna’s childhood attempts of stealing butter & curd from earthen pots beyond his reach by hanging pots of curd suspended high above the ground and forming human towers to reach & then break them. This is popularly known as ‘Dahi Handi’. There is also a cash prize attached to such events performed across the city.
On this day, houses are decorated and Krishna’s favourite food and sweets are prepared as an offering. People do invite family and friends to celebrate this joyous festival together.
For any ardent devotee preparing sumptuous dishes to pamper Krishna, is considered to be the most vital part of the celebration. We all know that Lord Krishna was very fond of sweets and would go hunting for milk & milk products in all the houses of Gokul.
Sweets like rabri, peda, kheer, gopalkala, mishti doi, kalakand etc. are some of the favourite sweets of Lord Krishna.
What best it could be, if you get one of the favourite & very easy to make recipe, just at a click!
Get ready to show your magic and delight our Natkhat Gopal 🙂
Janmashtami Delight #Shrikhand recipe
- 1 (18 ounce) container Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ tsp Ground Cardamom
- 1 tsp Rose Water (optional)
- Dash of Ground Nutmeg
- Few threads of Saffron
- 4 tsp finely chopped Green Pistachios
- Mix all the ingredients, except pistachios.
- After mixing, put them in a bowl and cover it with a lid. Refrigerate it for at least 2 hours.
- After two hours, take the bowl off the refrigerator.
- By this time, the mixture has reached the consistency of a dessert.
- Now, stir and spoon the Shrikhand into dessert dishes.
- Sprinkle with pistachios.
With all your love and devotion offer Shrikhand to Krishna & do relish this amazing sweet with your family and friends.
Don’t forget to check your essentials, as you cannot afford to miss this chance to treat Lord Krishna.
Book your groceries on www.reliancefreshdirect.com or call 022-61 220 220 as we ensure that your grocery arrangements are fully taken care of.